Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Why I will give The Flash no props


Alrighty I expect this to be fairly brief for my standards, I just would really like to get this out here. My boyfriend's favorite super hero is The Flash and I quite frankly don't understand it at all, and believe me I'm all for trying to understand things that I don't get about his life. He is WAY into wresteling and I thought it was ridiculous until I heard him out and let him tell me about it and why he likes it and now I totally respect his interest in it. However despite countelss comic related debates, I can't wrap my head around his love of The Flash. I get that he was struck by lightning which is pretty cool and I know Tusch (my boyfriend's name for internet security purposes...no that's not his real name. It's a nickname and I'm going to use it in order to stop repeating the phrase "my boyfriend") thinks it's cool that he is "under-rated" but lets be serious now. For any super hero that I have an interest in I can provide a real legitimate argument for why he is cool. Now I don't have a huge compelling argument for why I DON'T like The Flash, I just don't and I can answer why with a short blurb. He's really not all that impressive. The point I left Tuschar with today as he was dissing my Batman shirt was simply this: Even if we lived in an alternate universe where it was possible to gain super powers by the means that super heroes in the comics we read do and there were supr villians running ramped of equal caliber to those presented in comic books and films, it would STILL be incredibly unrealistic for a guy who's only ability was "super speed" to consistantly defeat said super villians unless you consider retreating and hiding away a "victory". And even if never harmed by a villian due to his ability to flee from the situation he did not save the doomed town that would now need to have a legitimate super hero come and save them from this perrel as The Flash would have to leave the job undone. Yes I know that in his comics he does always reign victorious, but like I said, when compared to others he falls flat, and if you put him in an alternate universe where this was all possible he is STILL unrealistic even within fantasy. If anyone has a real argument for why The Flash is "cool" drop a comment, because I really am curious. Thank ya my fellow nerds, I appriciate your time and oppinions.

2 comments:

  1. So, I really enjoyed this. I happen to be a fairly recent fan of the Justice League, so this was fascinating.

    1) No one should be allowed to diss a Batman shirt and get away with it. Just saying.

    2) I agree with you about the Flash. He's cool, but...not THAT cool.

    If you like superheroes, you have to check out my friend Aaron's blog, Teen Justice. It might sound lame at first, but read the first few posts and doubts begin to fade XD

    First post: http://teen-justice.blogspot.com/2009/10/this-isnt-like-smallville.html

    ~Stephanie

    ReplyDelete
  2. 1. I KNOW RIGHT!! It doesn't make ant sense to me. He doesn't like Batman OR Superman but he always argues for Superman because he knows that I am in no wat a fan of his...Batman is awesome, nuff said, and I intend to write a post defending that honor soon.

    2. Yeah basically to quote my friend Cody, he would have been awesome at play ground games but thats about it.

    I just read a few of his posts and it's definatly good stuff, i am now a member haha!

    ReplyDelete