Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Who you should and shouldn't allow to work on your big film

Basically this is a tribute to the people who it's worth mentioning in the previews. You know, when they are all like "staring, directed by, produced by, from the writers of....something GREAT!!" And then you KNOW you have to see it? Or sometimes they say the same thing and you KNOW you won't see it? Well here you go. The people who make me run to the theater, and the people who make me run from the theater. Let's start with a tribute to the wonderful people first, I'll try to be brief simply because there are quite a few.
Bradley Cooper
Ladies: you're welcome. Guys: I'm sorry. The only reason is simply this, he is a pretty good actor, and he's freaking beautiful! I really have no other legitimate reason. I enjoy his blue eyes. That's really all I can say.
Tim Burton
He is easily the most eccentric, quirky, origional, and unique director I've ever seen. He is a genious. plain and simple. I've never seen a film under his name that I wasn't addicted to.
Johnny Depp
Before you even call me on it yes I know he fits both of the above. He is both a beautiful man and a staple of Tim Burton films. However neither are his reason for being here. Johnny Depp is probably one of the most if not THEE MOST talanted actors of our time and there is no denying it. He can take on any character with any accent and any disposition any time on the drop of a dime, and do it with shear brilliance.
Jack Black
The dude is comedy genious. I'm sad to say however he has little to no diversity. He ALWAYS plays Jack Black. It is shown through with his tone and little manorisms every time, however, for me, that never gets old with him.
Michael Cera
He as well as Jack Black is another of those who is always cast the same, but for some reason I never get tired of his quirky, awkward chaaracter. However I do believe my friend Sam from english last year and American History the year prior to that may have gotten tired of me calling him Bleaker due to my obsession and his strange manorisms and love of orange tic tacs...aside from that though, I do sometimes worry that Mr. Cera could possibly be replaced with the less amusing but similarly casted guy who plays  Ohio in Zombieland and who is in that movie about creating Facebook. I certainly hope not...
Emma Stone
She's pretty, she's witty, she's got a firey attitude, and she's always cast as the famale embodyment of AWESOME. basically if she is in a movie you can expact that it's going to be good...and on the rare occasion (which I am yet to see) when it's NOT, you can assume she will still be nothing short of brilliant.
Will Ferrell
Again, COMEDY GENIOUS! But more diverse than jack Black and Michael Cera. He always plays a slightly different version of his character, each as amusing as the other (except for Elf, which was still very amusing but very much a different character)

Steve Carell
And once again I put up a truely funny man simply because I am quite a comedy fan. Not much to say for good ole Stever except that he is one of those people who is pleasantly and unexpectedly funny inserting add-lib humor into almost everything he does. In addition he is one of the few comedians that is (usually) family friendly.
Jemaine Clement
Now I'm assuming you aren't familiar with this name or face so please give me a moment to explain. Jemaine is an actor and musician from the far away land of New Zealand. He plays bass for a comedy "folk" band called "Flight of the Conchords". The two man band also had two seasons of it's own show featuring both band members (Jemaine and Bret who played a small role in Lord of the Rings) living in new York and being managed by Rhys Darby (the boss guy from Yes Man with Jim Carry) and it was an excelent show. Other than that Jemaine is in a few movies from New Zealand (Eagle vs. Shark, Tongan Ninja, and one other with a name that is currently escaping me) and they are all hilarious. he was a voice actor in Rio and Despicable Me (however in Despicable Me you wouldn't be able to tell as his voice was then heavily altered as he played the role of a minion) and the only big American film I can think of where he has shown his face was Dinner for Schmucks where he worked with Steve Carell and a woman who played his stalked fan in his tv series. Plain and simple Jemaine is hilarious. He is always blatent, naive, and outright hysterical. If you don't know this guy I recomend you watch some of his stuff. It's really quite brilliant. If you DO know of him and are a fan like me, look forward to the next Men in black movie which I believe comes out in 2012 in which Jemaine will play a villian.
Helena Bonham Carter
Once again a basic staple to Tim Burton films and an AMAZINGLY talanted actress. My two favorite roles of her's are more than likely Bellatrix Lestrange from Harry Potter (and yes I am such a nerd that for BOTH parts to the Deathly Hallows I dressed up like her from head to toe and went to a midnight show about an hour south of my hometown.) And Ms. Lovette from Sweeney Todd. I am a big musical fan and I absolutly LOVE Sweeney Todd and I would absolutly kill (sorry I had to) to play her part in that show. She's wonderful.
Ellen Page
She's just adorable. Her quirky and relatable naivity in Juno was great and so likeable. Actually the movie was so good that ever since I've been a HUGE fan over Ellen Page and everything she does as well as Michael Cera and Have a Major adversion to Jason Bateman...creep.

 Sean Connery
He is simply the concept that is "bad-ass" personified. James Bond, the father of Indiana Jones, and portayer of Allan Quatermain, a legendary big game hunter and incredibly skilled shooter from the book "King Solomon's Mines" in the totally incredible movie based on litterary "super heroes", The League of Extraordinary Gentlemen. This man is a big screen god.

Leonardo Dicaprio
Really, it's Leonardo Di-freakin-caprio! How much explaination does this really require?! He is an incredibly talanted actor and an instant classic in everything he does. (p.s. HOW AWESOME WAS INCEPTION?!!)
Okay so basically if you ever make it as a big time director, higher one or all of these people to make epic movies! However there are a few actors that will instantly DOOM your film...I only have two for that list...but here you have it. The only two actors that WILL make me leave and demand my money back.
Jason Bateman
The dude is creepy. First of all I just thought all the characters from Juno were so real and so relatable that I will now always view him as a child rapist type of guy because he came onto her. Second, he is awkward and creepy! e walways does that weird laugh and it just makes me uncomfortable. I just really can't stand watching movies he's in. Ick.
Nicholas Cage
In my oppinion, he is easily the most no talant man in the business. I know you all disagree and hate me for saying that but quite frankly I don't care. That face he is making in the image to the right....that's the only emotion he is capable of portaying. That ridiculously blank and bored face combined with a monotone voice the rivals "Bueler...Bueler...Bueler" could mean happiness, sadness, confusion, hatrid, dissapointment, or any number of other emotions. I won't say everything he was in sucked, but he did suck in everything he has ever been in and you can't actually enjoy the movie until you get past his general stench of failure. And on that note I would like to say this: National Treasure was the biggest waste of my time run-around I have ever seen (yes both times as I am a completionist so after seeing the first I did force myself to see the second giving the binifet of the doubt only to discover i hated it just as much) They are up there in the top three WORST movies I have ever seen (along with The Box starring Cameron Diaz and her ridiculously fake accent).
Now my friend's that is all. I know you may not agree with all my opinions, but this is how it is...now get out there and film something worth watching..THAT'S NOT WHAT I MEANT YOU PERV! Haha kidding of course, none of you lovely internet dwellers even ave filthy enough minds to catch that joke, right ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment