Monday, October 3, 2011

Ladies, come on now.

Okay look, I get that there was this big feminist movement in the 90's and now we are all supposed to be equal and stuff...and thats great! I'm totally about equal oppertunities in the work place and equal pay and not NEEDING to have a guy to survive and not being sterotyped...all good things...but lets get real for a second. I know you don't NEED to have a boyfriend/fiance/husband to like...sustain your life or anything, but don't pretend you're not happy when you're with a really good one.
I'm really really quite sick of the girls who are all "all the good guys in the world are either taken or gay!" Weeeeeelll news flash, the good ones are taken by the ones who get that feminism has it's time and place but don't have to go all chick supremacy on them all the time.
Chivalry. Is it dead? Kinda. Should it be? I dunno about that. If a guy wants to open your car door, it doesn't mean he thinks your helpess. It simply means he was raised right and knows that you should do kind things for people you care about and hey guess what, HE CARES ABOUT YOU. It's just the nice thing to do. Am I guilty of opening the car door into my boyfriends nether-regions by accident when he told me to wait so he could open the door? Yes. Did I do it to attack him or because I found it innappropriate? NO! It was simply because I was the last one sitting in the car and I began to feel awkward and thought one of the other occupants of the car had tried to stop him to talk before making it to my door. There is nothing wrong with letting him do something nice and simple for you every now and then, it makes him feel good about himself and it SHOULD make you feel loved, not dehumanized.
And second, he supports you. In everything you do. Whether its your job, your hobbies, your sports, whatever...he supports you. So support him. If he likes something that doesn't make sense to you, do not ridicule him. Try to understand it. I know you don't like wrestling or football, but that doesn't mean you have to tall him it's stupid.
For starters I know I need to learn from myself a bit on that last one, because I know what I saw as good natured rivalry seems to have gone too far and become borderline offensive...and my boyfriend doesn't need that from me because he is a wonderful guy, and if you happen to have one of those few fantastic men in this world, let go of your pride for a sec, and really look at what you have. I just wanted to share that with you because my mom doesn't appriciate my dad at all, and I've seen so many relationships go this way then she wonders why, so take my advice. I pinkey swear I'm right.
Now Boys, on that note, don't be so traditional. If your girlfriend can kick your butt, there's no shame in it. It just happens sometimes. Just sayin ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment