Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Arrogance; You're just not that cool.

So here's a little blurb on an obnoxious little quality called arroagance. It absolutly drives me insane! Is humility valued in todays culture AT ALL?! There is a FINE LINE between confidence and cockyness. The things some people say...I actually happen to be "friends" (sort of) with personified arrogance. Simply because I don't like to use people's real names on these posts, we are going to call him "Kentucky".
So two years ago my small school that resides in the center of a cornfield got some of its funding cut, eliminating most of our advanced placement classes, including advanced placement english. Therefore the only options we had this year for english when scheduling were regular or college prep (which sucks because I actually love English and I sort of wanted to take advanced placement...). So I signed up for college prep English and the cp class had to do summer reading (something the regular english studunts were lucky enough to avoid) and we had to read A Tale of Two Cities (which I freakin' hated). So we are at our first marching band practice of the year and me, Kentucky, and his new girlfriend are all in the drum line so we are standing around talking and he starts complaining about the book and then I started complaining as well and he says "Wait, what book did you have to read?" I told him Tale of Two Cities, same as him. He then comes back and says "well I didn't know that you guys were reading." Wait..."you guys"? Does he think I'm in regular? "I'm in cp too Kentucky." I said annoyed and then he smugly says with this stupid little grin on his face "oh I know, but I'm in ap." And so now I'm totally offended right, cause I'm like wtf what qualified you for that, I didn't think we had ap. Anyway I brush it off then the first day of school rolls around. The bell rings releasing us to third period I walk in the room and there the little prick sits face turning red, now aware that he's been caught in his lie/attempt to make himself look good and I said "Hey, welcome to ap english." and sat down. WHO LIES ABOUT THESE THINGS?!
Then just a few weeks ago all the seniors had to write an essay for the required American Government class about one of the men who signed the Declaration of Independance. So Kentucky comes up next to Kentucky and pushes the delete button erasing the paper. Well Kentuxky saved his work so he doesn't really car he just laughs it off and then when they are signing off, Beiber goes and exits the document and accidentally pushed the save doccument button saving the blank page over Kentucky's finished work. Kentucky was pretty irritated and then at lunch when telling me, Tuschar (my boyfriend) and Little Red (another kid at our lunch table) this story he ends it with "He's just lucky I'm the most brilliant kid in that class and can turn out another good one." Me, Tusch, and Red all kind of look at eachother unsure of how to take that because my boyfriend does have this "I'm awesome" complex, but it's a joke. Kentucky shows no sign of jest in his face or behavior and then just looks up from his 42nd pb&j and says to us "What?" and so Red is like "A little full of yourself there Kentucky?" and he just starts defending how it's true and whatever.
I have never met someone so obnoxious in all my 18 years of life. Who behaves this way?! I can't wait for him to get out in the real world and gets all up in the corprate space (because he intends to go into a sell out job that he has no real interest in instead of following his dreams because the fool thinks material things = happiness and pharmacy pays well) and is forced to start at the bottem. I hope he gets a wake up call and is forced to realize how absoulutly ridiculous he really is...Sorry, just another pet peeve...I can't stand people. It's a wonder I have any friends... :P

No comments:

Post a Comment