Monday, October 3, 2011

Welcome to Tamriel History 101

Alright people here's what's up....SKYRIM COMES OUT IN BARELY OVER A MONTH!! And I couldn't be more excited. However there is something that I feel you should know. You don't just jump right on into Skyrim directily after oblivion, oh no. Your beloved friend who you played out the life of in Oblivion is now long dead. Skyrim takes place 200 YEARS after Oblivion! So I thought being the crazed fan that I am, I would take this oppertunity to fill you in on what you missed durring your two century coma, here you have it old man! Now before I begin let me just prepare you for this, "4E" means we are now in the Fourth Era. The history of the Elder Scrolls legend is in Eras. Time began in the Dawn Era, then there was the Metheric Era, then the First, Second, Third, and now Fourth. The number you see after "4E" is what year we are into that era by this time. If it is a question mark then I'm sorry to say I don't know the specific year in which the event took place. However these events are in chronological order so even the dates with question marks you have a good idea as they did in face come between the events above and below it. Class is now in session.
4E-0 The End of the Oblivion Crisis
The Champion of Cyrodiil (that would be you my brave and valiant friend) along with Martin Septim (the illigitimate sone of the emperor who was killed in the tutorial dungeon) have at this point banished Mehrunes Dagon (The Deadric Prince of Destruction, and he who is to blame for the Oblivion Crisis) From Tamriel.
The Septim bloodline now ends, as Martin Septim lost his life in the fight to banish Dagon from Tamriel.
4E-? Red Mountain Erupts
In Vivec (the Guardian God-King of Vvanderfell, a large island in the possesion of Morrowind)'s absense, the Minestry of Truth (the large moon ebing suspended above the city due to Vivec's power under the condition that the people continue to worship him)  became unstable
A device is created to hold it in place using the souls of both the living and the dead
The creator of the device's wife's soul was one that was stolen, and in an attempt to save her, the device was destroyed, causing the moon to hit te ground.
The impact of this fall caused Red Mountain to erupt, destroying the entire island of Vvanderfell where it sits.
4E-? The Empire Collapses
Blackmarsh, the land of the Argonians, succeeds from the empire. They are closely followed by Elsweyr, land of the Kahjiits. This by the way deepy upsets me, as I now assume that our beast races which I love dearly will be as scarce if not more so than Dunmer in Oblivion, and with equally as much animosity.
The Thalmor (the origional government in Summerset Isle and Valenwood) reclaim their territory. I assume this is because they were kicked out by the Septims, and now with them gone they felt it right to seize their homeland back.
Now this bit really gets me. Now that the Dunmer/Dark Elves (MY PEOPLE!) are at their weakest with the eruption of this cursed volcano the Argonians come all around here and do what I am assumig is an acto fo revenge for the slavery in Morrowind, and they invade and totally take us over. Argonian's ARE my second favorite race and all....but the Dark Elves are my favorite and I am NOT happy. Especially because now I assume, well maybe we will see Argonian's afterall....but at the risk of having ANY abundance of Dunmer in the game as they have not only shrunk in population from the devistating eruption but have now been taken over by the lizzards!
4E-? Titus Mede is crowned emporer by conquest
Before his reign as Emperor, Titus Mede had been several things, Colovian warlord, a soldier in an outlaw army, and a king in Cyrodiil. He took the Imperial City with less than a thousand men and seized control of the crumbling Empire. Basically What I got out of this is, the guy is a huge jerk face.
4E-18 Prince Attrebus Mede is born
Big jerk face's kid
4E-23 Annaig Hoinhart is born
I don't know much why this is important because everything i find about her starts when she is 17. All I'm really getting is that she is a pretty Breton girl who befriends an Argonian (as if she had a choice, she lives in Black Marsh for Akatosh's sake!) and the argonian is her "partner in adventure" and she has an extrememly crappy life. She doesn't seem to however be incredibly significant so I'm not sure why every time line and lore i find mentions this as an important date. However I do know someone (in the real world) wrote a book about her (in case you don't know there are several Elder Scrolls based books) and that may be the only significance she has. Simply that "Oh look here is where that girl from the book comes in!"
4E-40's The Infernal City
Umbriel, a floating city, appears on the coast of Black Marsh, heading toward Morrowind. The city of Lilmoth, Black Marsh, The hometown of the previously mentioned Annaig Hoinhart, destroying it. I do believe Annaig is now trapped on this "Infernal City".
4E-201 The high king of Skyrim is assassinated
Because with such ruins coming to the rest of the world what better to happen next than to depress the far north who missed the Infernal City disaster?
4E-201 The Nords take part in a civil war
What do you expect from the power hungry brutes upon the assassination of their king?
and this my fellow nerds of the internet, is where YOU come in. get ready, because I have a feeling it's going to be quite a ride in the frozen tundra up north.

No comments:

Post a Comment